January 18, 2019
Below is the current list of scholarships that are offered by the Foundation. All scholarships are paid directly to the school or training program the student attends.
Standard supporting information is required in the submission packet, including transcripts, work and life goals essays, letters of recommendation, statement of financial capacity, and a resume. A cover letter must state which scholarship you are applying for. A separate, complete packet and cover letter is required for each scholarship as the selection committee for each one is different.
Most scholarships are for graduating seniors of Pacific County high schools. Students at Naselle High School who live in west Wahkiakum County are eligible for all scholarships applicable to Naselle HS.
The application period opens now, and closes March 31st. Decisions will be announced at gradation or an awards ceremony (whichever is the process for each high school).
The last scholarship is for medical-studies students who graduated from Pacific or Clatsop County, and are finishing their first year in college this spring. This one has an open period from April 1st to May 31st; the decision is announced in late June for the following fall term.
Some are in two groups, one for north county [Raymond, South Bend, Willapa Valley]
and one for south county [Ilwaco, Naselle].
1. Silent Key Scholarship-STEM majors* only, north and south groups, with two awards per year, one in each group. This scholarship does not include medical studies.
This scholarship is paid after the first term of college, with a transcript to confirm attendance. $500 per award
2. Sid Snyder Scholarship—Any major, north and south groups, with two awards per year, one in each group.
This scholarship is paid in the first term. $500 per award
This scholarship has a special application form and requires an essay on democratic values. Contact the Foundation for a copy of this form.
The Wilson STEM Scholarship is offered to graduates of South Bend and Raymond:
3. Wilson Scholarship for South Bend HS
4. Wilson Scholarship for Raymond HS
Both are for STEM majors* only; one award to a student at each school.
This scholarship does not include medical studies, and is paid at the start of the first term. $5,000 per award
5. Schwartz Medical Scholarship is for medical students from any high school in Pacific County, WA and Clatsop Co, OR, for their second year of studies. This one is open for renewal every year after the first award is made, for a total of 3 years. Application is made at the end of the first year of college.
This scholarship is for medical studies only, it is renewable; it is open to students in college who graduated from high school in Pacific or Clatsop county, after their first year in college.
Studies may be pre-med, nursing or medical technology. $750 first award, $1,000 for each subsequent award.
This scholarship requires a statement of prior work and interest in a medical profession, and a statement of commitment to medical area studies in addition to a college transcript, letters of recommendation and statement of financial capacity.
No non-medical majors will be considered.
* STEM majors include: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. If you have any question about your planned area of study and its consideration as an STEM field, contact the Foundation.
Applicable Science majors are in natural and life sciences, including Environmental Studies, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Genetics, Forestry, Geology, Physics, Zoology, etc. Medical studies and social sciences are excluded.
Technology majors include Materials Science, Architecture, Computer Science; programming, or gaming majors are excluded.
Engineering majors include all major areas of this field.
Mathematics majors include all major areas of this field.
For more information about any of these scholarships, please contact:
South Pacific County Community Foundation— Scholarships
PO Box 75
Nahcotta WA 98637